Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

:: hello ice cream man ::


I finally got a chance to dig into my June Swag Bag from Paper Issues.  At first I thought I might use all of the awesome cards for Project Life.  But, as I laid out the cards to see what was included in the kit, this layout was born.


The colors in this kit are awesome!  I used some Crate Paper vellum (backed with white card stock) for my base.  I've been hoarding the vellum for a long time, and I hated to cover it up, but it was perfect for this LO.  The circle die cut behind the main photo also came in a Swag Bag; I altered it by misting with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine.


To be honest, when I saw the "this is the sweet life", I knew I needed to turn this into a layout with B's first ice cream man experience!



For the hidden journal spot, I used some textured white card stock (came in the Swag Bag).  I painted it with gelatos and a water brush for an ombre effect.  Then I printed my journaling on card stock, cut it out and added it.  I forgot a few words, so I added them in pen.  Done!

I'm linking this LO up with Paper Issues current issue.  It's a link-y party!  Join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this page! It is so fun. Love how you created a grid background. Great product - adorable photos and cute story!!

    ReplyDelete