Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

~ baby time ~

No, I'm not pregnant!  But, I've never scrapped B's baby photos (I know, right?)!  When I saw this Ashley Horton sketch for the November Sketch It Out Challenge at Club CK, I knew I wanted to use it.  Then I saw the November FITkit over at ScrapFIT and rushed over to Paper Issues to grab one up.  I've never purchased a kit there before, but the day the November "Gather" kit (designed by Audrey Yeager) arrived in the mail I was instantly inspired to scrap a few layouts.  I think there are still kits available at the link above if you are interested.  The layout that I've completed and have to share with you today is a two pager, with page one inspired by the sketch.  Here's page one:
When I saw the scallops on the Studio Calico paper I fell in love (and I was super excited a few days later when my Scrapbook Circle kit arrived and there's one in there, too)!  In fact, I really like all of the Studio Calico Yearbook collection. Anyway, here is page two:
And the pages go together like this:
Here are a few close-ups:
I decided on "Baby Time" for my title and then went with it and added some times to the journal strips and wrote times directly on some of the photos.  I always have such a difficult time with titles!  Why is that??

I like the colors and the mix of washi in this layout.  I made several mistakes while adhering the papers, but I think I was able to cover most of them up!

One of my favorite solutions that I came up with was the title letters.  I wanted something in that green color, but I didn't have any paper that color.  So, I stuck some of the washi on white card stock and put that through my Cricut!  Woot!  Go me!  ;-)

I should have another layout to share with you in a couple of days AND my December Daily is just beginning to take shape!

3 comments:

  1. This turned out so incredibly awesome!! I loved it just from the Instagram sneaks!! So glad you paired that Gather kit with the sketch challenge!! :) It's one of my favorite kits of theirs so far!! Love how you cut the title, layered it and popped it up!! And the companion page with the grid photos is perfect with the sketch page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING all the photos, the colors and loving the raised title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those baby photos are adorable! I really like how you popped the title up and how you fit so many photos on a page.

    ReplyDelete